Wednesday 1 June 2011

BFW VIP PARTY HILTON HOTEL

All the fashionistas hurried in to the posh and luxurious Hilton Hotel with its high rised ceilings embedded with large crystal chandeliers to attend the VIP launch party. Anyone who was part of the show was to be there tonight alongside the team that made BFW possible to start with. 

On entering, a high profile of individuals in lush gowns and dresses were to be seen clasping their first round of free drinks (yes for once I was on time) mingling amongst the crowd that had already began to get bigger.

The crowd was infused with models, stylists and photographers let alone all the designers that were also scattered around in the beauty and the beast final dance scene room. Models posed gracefully on the stands in some of last years contestants couture outfits. It looked very VOGUE.
One of the photographers asked my assistant and I to join the model for a quick paparazzi sesh. After that I made my way to the free bar to get some well deserved rose in my system (this was can I just add on an empty stomach) oops!

A few girls called my name whilst I was at the bar which was so bizarre as I had never met them before and was being approached by complete and utter strangers. It was very surreal as a lot of people knew who I was without me having the same reaction. I got a lot of praise from people which was extremely unexpected and touching. One girl called Lizzie, mentioned that she was a massive fan of my work and had been looking forward to meeting me. Lizzie had found me as part of the graduate fashion week designers and had encouraged her colleagues at work to get in touch with me. It was this that then led me to becoming one of the finalists for the show.

It was lucky I made myself recognisable as the designer. I came to the event wearing look four of my collection teamed with my grey leather and lizard skin DIOR shoes and huge lilac origami bag......which I must say was a hazard to jabbing people at the best of times! One guy told me my bag was 'practical' for a female lol!

Whilst I continued talking to Lizzie I could see others had the urge to jump in to conversation with me. I cant emphasize enough how strange this felt for me. As I moved through the crowds of what was becoming an alternative bunch of individuals I saw a young girl make a bee line for me and she stopped me in my tracks.

Natalie was her name and she is taking part in the ready to wear show this Thursday. She was ranting and raving about how much she loved my work and was a massive fan. She introduced me to a massive crowd and they all spoke of my stuff as Natalie had been so transfixed by my origami pieces. She stroked all my accessories in oar and spoke of my collection more than myself had ever done. Sometimes I forget that im a designer. She was so lush. I ended up speaking with her for a while and came to the conclusion that not only is she amazing but we are very similar in the way we work...very lastmin.com!

After that I felt I spent the rest of the evening being interviewed, filmed and photographed. It was an amazing event to network-I picked up a few business cards on the way. Mine however, consisted of bright yellow post it notes written in biro. The irony of being an unorganised designer only added to the banter I was already having with the people here.

I had three people wearing my accessories from my previous collection at tonight's event. Daisy the head co-ordinator found me as I was leaving and excitedly told me how everyone adored the bracelets she was wearing and could she request to wear them this friday to the show, Ha-mazzziingggg!! everyone in Brighton is so lush...not the usual pretentious London crowd im used to. Not one bitch was present that night and that's very unusual in a fashion environment. 

Here are a few more photos from the night. 






No comments:

Post a Comment