Friday 3 June 2011

DAY BEFORE BFW COTURE SHOW

Headaches, snotty noses and bloodshot eyes have kicked in. Since last Thursday my assistant Sam Smith and I have had about 4 hours sleep a night if that. Its the day before the show and lots of prep is needed to make sure everything runs smoothly. By the way I still have no shoes and have not even tried my collection on one model! I am quite resentful that travelling to and from Brighton takes so long. In the early hours of today we will be equipped with two mahausive suitcases trampsing down to Brighton for the second time this week. What a mish!

Today has consisted of organising the running order, tacking things together, cutting off loose threads and all those other nitty gritty bits. There hasnt been a sight of a Redbull or Relentless throughout this week-how impressive is that, we've lasted off the laughing fumes we've exhaled when things have gone wrong....like making all the neckline holes too small to even fit a head through. If you dont laugh you'll only cry...im saving the crying for tomorrow if nothing fits the models. This whole collection has been such a gamble. Pretty much like my whole life!LOL

At the BFW VIP party, most contestants were shocked to learn that I had made a completely NEW collection! ermmmmmmm is this not the whole point?!?! SO gawwwddd knows if their showing last season's stuff. To be honest I dont really know what the point is...you have the opportunity to show new things to new eyes. Most contestants have had 3months minimum to pull a new collection round if so, I have done this in just over a month!!!!Since 16th April to be precise!  This week I even decided to make a whole new complete look from out of no where!Im very good at pulling things out of my arse I must say. 

Most nights we have two machines on the go. Sam sews on the desk and I sew on the floor and get serious back ache and a series of pins and needles. My electricity bill is going to be so GROSS. I mean the tv, itunes, lights, iron and any other electrical appliance has been on the go 24/7!

I dont know what to expect from tomorrow or who is even seated on front row, most of the day I will probably spend avoiding people. I may even do a Karl Lagerfeld and wear glasses to avoid the 'you look so tired' line.

As soon as I arrive tomorrow its straight in to fittings. Its crunch time. Make or break. Really hope all these late nights pay off and that the audience enjoy what ive produced in such a short space of time......see you all tomorrow!x 



No comments:

Post a Comment