Saturday 9 July 2011

ONE OF THREE- I AM THE UK WINNER!!!!!


Dear Hayley,

I apologize for the delay as our teams have been busy evaluating 
candidates. I want to send out a big congratulations! You have been 
chosen as one of the three Student Designers to participate in our 
fashion shows!

After much deliberation with our executive team and fashion team, we 
would like to honor your achievements in the fashion industry with a 
Student Designer Award. This is a huge accomplishment, and we hope you 
are excited to build your presence and exposure in California.

We feel that you have been a role model for other Student Designers 
through your creativity and talent, showing the world what fashion has 
to offer in terms of creative diversity. Your constructions are 
statements that are reflective of your unique, raw aesthetic. You have 
been an inspiration, and we would be honored to have you as part of our 
shows.

We have been so impressed by your accomplishments - congratulations on 
receiving this Student Designer Award!

The CEO of MĂ©lange Productions, Nick Navarro, would love to speak with 
you next week to discuss the next steps and logistics. He has been Cc'd.

Can you let us know your availability for next Tuesday, Wednesday, and 
Thursday (your time)? The call should take no longer than an hour.

We look forward to speaking with you! Please let us know your 
availability, your number, and your Skype id (if your have one) as soon 
as you can, and we'll do our best to accommodate your schedule!

Warmest regards,

Michelle 

OMGGGG!!!This is very surreal right now! Over a hundred designers were contacted from around the world to take part in this AMAZING competition in San Francisco on August the 6th 2011. It was then narrowed down to 50 and then the finalised 3 were chosen last week. I AM ONE OF THREE!! The other two contestants are from Australia and China and will both be flying to California for the event.

A guy called Nick who is from the directive team contacted me on wednesday to brief and congratulate me with what's going to happen from here. I have to submit my graduate collection along with 4 more new looks for one of their biggest catwalk shows. Unfortunately flight expenses are not paid so I am still contemplating if I will have the funding to fly out as yet....fingers crossed. I have another pressurised deadline to work towards in order to perfect and make my collection. As you can imagine its over a year old and has various wares and tears!

Nick complimented me on having top talent in the student graduate shows and said how artistic and unique my collection was. I will hopefully be receiving a student designer award certificate as proof of winning such an amazing achievement. I asked how he found me, and according to his styling team they were given three months to source the best graduate designers and to contact them. So in the next few weeks its design and knuckling time now.....things are really on the move.....

Please check out the venue by viewing this link...it is absolutely outstanding!

http://www.sfvenues.com/galleria/photographs.html


No comments:

Post a Comment