Tuesday 17 May 2011

INSPIRING VIDEOS

These videos home in on futurism which is something that inspires me greatly. The architectural forms excite so much to the point I instantly visionize clothes and fabrics. I feed off looking at unrelated fashion items to create garments as I feel this is far more exciting than simply copying someones shapes and silhouettes and adjusting them slightly to look different. My sketchbooks at college always had random images that could vary from a building to a spider web. My tutotrs were always intrigued to see my results from something so peculiar. 


Looking back at the Michael and Janet video which was an all time favourite of mine when I was a kid, its bizarre to notice now the 3 dimensional tops their both wearing. Very similar to my previous collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment