Monday 30 May 2011

CINDERELLA WILL GO TO THE BALL

For those who follow my twitter you would have been aware of my dress crisis for my end of year ball. With my show only a few days away now cramming everything in is.very.hard! Let alone finding the time or money to even buy a dress for a one off occasion. Scraps of fabric are practically taking over my living room floor so with that, I came up with a master plan to invent and make my OWN dress. 


So we all know that I never do anything properly or the easy way to make my life a smoother journey. Instead I laid the black cobwebbed fabric on my chest and cut it out to my bodys shape (usually easier if someone does this for you but hey!). This whole couture-esque thing is really nailing itself in to me!! Im not lying when I say I threw this outfit together in only a matter of hours. Pressure really fuels my adrenaline, all my girls had brought their dresses way in advanced like the organised individuals they are (why this doesnt rub off on me I dont know).


The sequinned fabric was a bit of a bugger to sew, almost like putting rocks through my machine. But we got there in the end and this was the result:



No comments:

Post a Comment