Monday 6 June 2011

My Star Wars music pumps throughout the bassy system whilst my logo appears on the large screen in sync with my tune. My models are lined up backstage getting in to character. My assistant and I are fussing about making sure everythings in order, that every hem of a skirt is down, socks are pulled round in the right manner, certain hoods are on heads and all fastenings are done up. 

Everything fell in to place. No one falls over, all the mods remember their sequence event though it had only been practised once that day. So all in all quite a successful show. I even had to go out and take a bow to the audience. This for me was slightly embarrassing and cringe worthy! But the applause was so worth it, I felt everyone appreciated all my hard work. I hope I put on a good show!


Aj who wore look five comes off and scurries over to me in her sky scrapper shoes. 'OMG, when I came on all I could hear was wow, everyone seemed really impressed. Im definitely going to recommend you to my agency they will love your stuff. Your stuff is so sick!' Aj kept stroking my origami piece asking how I made it and complimenting me on how original my work was. She was so lush!


The adrenaline rush is absolutely insane! It really is a euphoric feeling. I was on a complete high, all that worrying when everything turned out just fine. I wanted to get straight back out and do it again!

We have some press backstage that take pics before we undress the models and bag up all our garments for the evening. 

One last finale closes the show. Each designer goes down with one of their looks for more applause before we can finally be released to go and drink ourselves silly. I however, have to bag everything up, cab it to the station and leg it for my last train back to London. I am far from being able to unwind from a hectic day yet.

Outside waiting for the cab to arrive people are making their way out of the church. I hear my name being shouted at the entrance and I turn to see a girl walking towards me...'Hi excuse me are you the actual designer Hayley Lai? I just wanted to say your stuff was my favourite I think your amazing....where can I buy your clothes from?' To hear this is such a blessing. We stand and talk for a while before I punch my details in to her blackberry before being driven to the station. Its actually all over. The climax has ended. I feel lost. I sit in the cab wondering what tonights show will bring. Its always exciting reading the press the next day.

Lying in bed my twitter was going crazy. I was exstatic to read peoples feedback.



No comments:

Post a Comment