Thursday 4 August 2011

MELANGE FASHION SHOW 6TH AUGUST 2011

So over the last few weeks I have been in touch with America the parcel containing my collection was sent off last Thursday without me packed inside it boooooo hooooo! My bad luck kicked in this morning when I received a call stating that my stuff had been held up at customs and that I needed to re-write in DETAIL the desciption of:
* where it was made
*who its made for
*how much EACH item cost.....AGAIN!
the amount of detail you have to state at ridiculous hours in the morning is not only aggrivating but bloody time consuming. Fittings for Saturdays show are taking place in San Francisco today and need to be there....if they dont arrive I wont be part of the show...meaning I cant book my tickets to attend the event! It is all such a domino effect.   

Ok so that part was written this morning and I have only now (23:11) Just managed to attend back to my blog, with more updates as you can imagine its been over 24 hours! I have been on my mobile solidly for the last 9-10 hours liasing with fedex in the UK as well as the US may I just say the huge 5 hour time difference has been a total nightmare, and the lack of communication between both cities has wasted a lot of time!

So the verdict is...I am no longer flying out to San Francisco. Yup! total cock and bull shizzle right there! Customs have been holding my stuff all day and can not reassure me when it will be released. This has delayed me in being un able to book my flights as no clothes means no show which quite frankly means waste of time to fly out. 


After all the stress ive dealt with today it has almost become a relief to finally have closure on a descision. If you know me well enough at all I am a Libra and we find making decisions difficult at the best of times! A long sigh later and a phonecall conversation to Nick in the States meant I will have to video myself giving thanks for the award which will later be posted back to me alongside my collection.


I was assured by Nick that Fedex will be having a lawsuit filed against them for incompetence and that hopefully I will be refunded for the delivery charge. Another designer has been faced witht the same dilema as me and wont be able to fly out either. Booooooooooooooooo!


Im having faith that my colelction will speak volumes without me being there, and any buyers or press interested will get in touch. Its not exactly hard to track someone down these days with all the news feeds about is it?!?


For once I'm staying optimistic.....lets see if todays misfortunate events happened for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment