Tuesday 15 March 2011

KAY CHAN RECYCLED PROJECT


Hey Hayley,
 
Sorry to bother you again ><
 
As I'm doing a feature "Reborn" which is talking about recycle fashion, actually i contacted with different parties who specialize on doing recycle fashion design to make interview. In order to make the feature more fruitful, we decided to invite different talented people to join our feature, this time is not to make interview, but re-design the item (may be a shirt, dress, tee, tie..etc) that you want to throw it away. You will be the one we want to feature, just wonder if you also interested on this project?
 
Please do let me know.Thanks!
 
Best,
Kay


 Ok so last night after a hectic week I began crafting some more of my origami shapes to make a structural top for tomorrows deadline (no pressure there then hey!). I constructed it using black recycled card. As my process usually means make it up as you go along there was no right or wrong way. I simply made all the shapes and experimented on Mavis my mannequin to put together a 'top'. I guess its not your usual expectations of a recycled garment but the brief was so open I interpreted it in my own way. Its very expected to make a garment out of crisp packets or bottle lids ect so hand crafting something dimensional out of card was the unexpected.  I also drew up a quick illustration for the project aswel just to funk it up a bit....taking shots on 
a human being is too obvious...lets play around and have some fun with this! 





No comments:

Post a Comment