Friday 29 April 2011

BRIGHTON FASHION WEEK ONE MONTH TO GO!

http://www.brightonfashionweek.co.uk/hayley-lai



So I have just under a month to pull 10 looks out of my arse and so far all ive made is a hat, bag and a pair of socks! I guess most of my friends would not think this was unusual of me to be at this stage right now. I have been making things up as I go along having the concept of STAR WARS to make reference too. This is infact my inspiration, I am looking at anything extraterrestrial and bizarre. Katy Perry and Kanye west's new music video ET is immensely inspiring to me right now, especially in terms of styling!


The great thing about doing another show is that I have no crappy tutors influencing and criticising my ideas, I can literally get on with my work and do what ever it is I please. I am also working alongside a styling, art direction and music team. This makes life so much more easier and fun as these individuals are working closely with me to create the look I have in mind and to make it come to life for my audience. The logo above is made my Ben and we are hoping to transform it in to an animation piece so when it appears on the screen their will be movement.


Brighton fashion week has offered me the opportunity to something amazing a second time round. Only thing is I have a professional team behind me to make this happen. I have no idea of the talent or standard I am up against so therefore have no idea of my competition! We must all be good as only 12 of us have been selected to be part of the COUTURE SHOW!


The last couple of weeks I have been on a mad fabric hunt, I got very excited by the stuff I found yesterday and I can say the design process is beginning to fall in place. However, I am not an organised person, and I can clearly see me doing an Emilio and sewing, stapling, double siding and what not even before my models strut down the catwalk!


Sorry I cant post any pics right now, but you know how this fashion secret society stuff works...it will all be worth the wait come a few more weeks! watch this space........!

No comments:

Post a Comment